Leave a comment


Have you thought about who will speak for you if you should find yourself in hospital unable to speak for yourself? Do they know how you want to be treated? They may have some difficult decisions to make on your behalf with regards to surgery, feeding tubes, nursing homes and organ donation.

There’s a document that is helpful for all adults to organize that specifies who you want to speak for you and the medical care you want. It’s called an Advance Directive or Living Will. There are quite a few websites that provide suggestions for how to talk to your family and the person(s) you choose to speak for you. They also provide the information and forms that will guide you through various scenarios.

See an Elder Law Attorney for estate planning documents such as Durable Power of Attorney, Last Will and Testament, and Living Trust.


We need to talk


Conversation Project

National Healthcare Decisions Day.

As You Wish Virginia

5 Wishes


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Parkinson Social Network

Making the most of life with Parkinson's

A Soft Voice In A Noisy World

Dealing and Healing with Parkinson's Disease

%d bloggers like this: